Tuesday, January 17, 2012

For the LOVE of NOLA

Well anyone who really knows me knows my love for New Orleans.  There is a sense of home there to me and a good ol' time!  I am not talking about the normal "good ol' time" that people normally have in New Orleans (although I do like that part of it too ;)  I am talking about walking the slate sidewalks after a summer rain, exploring all of the old buildings,  the street performers, the amazing antique shops, magazine street, getting lost in the french quarter after your beignets and cafe au lait in the morning at Cafe Du Monde.  I seriously have a love affair with the Crescent City.  One thing that keeps me from missing it too much is Fleurty Girl, Lauren Thom.  She has a great shop http://www.fleurtygirl.net/ online and has four stores in the New Orleans area.  This girl LOVES Nola and posts on Facebook photos of the wonderfulness of NOLA daily.  Follow her if you can and maybe you will fall in love with it too :)  I made her a canvas last time I went to Nola:


I recently met someone who loves NOLA.  Her name is Carla.  She loves NOLA.  Here are the canvases she had me do for her as a daily reminder of how New Orleans makes her feel.  It really does do something to you...







I have also made them for my mom and sister who heart Nola too, they have fast become my favorite canvases to make because it reminds me of the place I love.  I better make one for myself soon!
Oh and while I am at it, I think I will go make myself one of these...

Pimms Cup:
  • 2 ounces Pimm’s No. 1
  • 7UP, lemon-lime soda, or ginger ale
  • Slice of lemon
  • Slice of cucumber
Make one... you will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment